Tuesday, May 20, 2008
The Winston County Genealogical Society met at the old library building in Double Springs.
- Minutes from the last meeting were read and approved.
II. Treasurerís Report:
III. Old Business:
- Treva has ordered materials for repairing books, totaling $274.60
- Attorneys say that the society needs a CPA to help us with our tax exemption status. We have the non-profit status already. Clyde Putnam should be able to help us, and Dianne asked permission to take our information to him. These papers say that we are incorporated. Ronald made the motion that our papers be taken to Clyde. Darryal seconded, and the motion carried.
- The Wisconsin Historical Society wants us to exchange newsletters with us or set up a membership so they can receive our newsletters. Joann made a motion that they send us a sample of their newsletter before we make a decision. Joyce seconded.
- The Haleyville Historical Society agreed to buy one computer for $800 if we buy the other one. They will buy it and then donate it to us. Treva made a motion to buy the computer once we are in the building. P.J. seconded, and the motion carried.
IV. New Business/Upcoming Events:
- Two benches have been donated to the archives by the Panorama Club. Rick Harris is looking into digital cameras and macro lens.
- A recently found article was discussed, concerning the Fell Down Bluff rock that fell in 1887 into Clear Creek.
- Joann has bought a table for the sign-in book for Gerry Noblett and Jeanette Albright.
- The Sesquicentennial celebration is coming up on June 21, 2008. Society members should think about helping out.
- A possible field trip was discussed for July to the Clarkston Covered Bridge and the new Civil War museum.
- Member present: 14
- Visitors present: 0