Tuesday, July 15, 2008
The Winston County Genealogical Society met at the Double Springs Public Library.
- Minutes from the last meeting were read and approved.
II. Treasurer’s Report:
III. Old Business:
- We have decided to let the Wisconsin Historical Society to buy a membership to receive our newsletter. P.J. will contact them.
- Several members attended the event at Looney’s Tavern, which was well attended and a positive thing for our county.
- Members made a trip to the Clarkston Covered Bridge and Civil War Museum on July 12. Others are encouraged to take a trip there.
- Clyde Putnam gave us forms and looked at our tax exemption status and made notes. It was agreed that Joann take the information to Earline Curtis
IV. New Business/Upcoming Events:
- Darryal spoke with the Morgan County Historical Society. They would like for us to exchange newsletters. P.J. made a motion that we exchange, and Joann seconded.
- P.J. asked for help with queries coming in through the web site, and Dianne suggested that he send them to everyone that attends the meetings.
- Part of our shelving has arrived at the archives and has been arranged. Also, the air conditioner has been fixed.
- Country dinner.
- Member present: 9
- Visitors present: 0
Ronald made a motion that the meeting be adjourned, and L.J. seconded.