Tuesday, October 21, 2008
The Winston County Genealogical Society met at the Winston County Archives.
- Minutes from the last meeting were read and approved.
II. Treasurerís Report:
- Checking - $974.70
- 2 Checks Written ($93.31 for printing Trail Tracker & $23.20 for Postage)
- $78.50 in Deposits, which includes 5 new members.
III. Old Business:
- Joann is sending all paperwork to Dianne for our tax exemption status, which will then be sent to Jimmy Johnson.
- Dianne has the new camera, and she talked to Chad Fell about coming to teach us how to use it.
- Carla Waldrep will help with The Whizbangs of Oohs and Aahs by Ronald Solberg.
- Carolyn will ask Birmingham and Wallace State libraries if they would like to be set up on our newsletter exchange.
IV. New Business/Upcoming Events:
- A senior aide for the archives may be available soon.
- Visitors have been to the archives, which includes the Curtis and Taylor families and a couple from Pennsylvania.
- Houston Day is October 25 with the memorial dedication on October 26.
- Joann has chosen to become an inactive member. P.J. volunteered writing the newsletter if someone else can get it printed. This was agreed upon.
- Brenda Briney from the Alabama Genealogical Society sent a letter asking for upcoming events. A newsletter will be sent to her, and Treva will contact her regarding upcoming events.
- All past newsletters have been transferred to PDF format and is available for purchase.
- Alabama Historical Maps web site has aerial views for certain parts of Winston County starting in 1941.
VI. Attendance: 12