Tuesday, November 18, 2008
The Winston County Genealogical Society met at the Double Springs Community Center.
- Minutes from the last meeting were read and approved. New minutes taken by Treva Hood.
II. Treasurerís Report:
- Checking - $1,022.70
- No checks written
- $48.00 in deposits
III. Old Business:
- Dianne now has the non-profit papers and will see if Johnson and Hood will help us.
- We will not be able to get a senior aide at this time.
- The opening of the Archives was scheduled for Dec. 3rd but has been postponed until the county meets Handicap requirements for the building.
- Roger Hayes suggested we open only two or three days per week in the beginning. It was discussed and voted on to open Mondays and Tuesdays. There will also be a sign at the door for visits by appointment on the other days and contact numbers listed. The probate office will also have a copy of the contact numbers. This, of course, is subject to approval by the Probate Judge.
IV. New Business/Upcoming Events:
- Treva is to take several newspaper volumes to Wallace State on Wednesday for microfilming.
- It was decided to elect officers at our January meeting.
- It was decided to allow Dianne and Treva to find our December Christmas eating/meeting place. They will let everyone know as soon as they can.
- It was approved to put the Alabama Genealogical Society, Inc. on our newsletter mailing list.
- The USO show is Saturday night.
VI. Attendance: 7